What is trauma?
Most people will experience a traumatic event at least once in their lifetime, whether it can be due to the unexpected death of a loved one or a motor vehicle accident, or any other situation. Trauma is generally defined as a strong emotional reaction to a stressful or disturbing event that impacts a person’s ability to cope. It can harm the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of a person.
Although stress in today’s life is common and usually experienced by most people. But if it turns into a severe trauma then a person requires immediate treatment and intensive care.
What are the types of trauma?
Trauma can be of many types depending upon various causes. Given below are the types of trauma that a person can suffer from-
- Cardiac Trauma
All the chronic diseases related to the human heart come under cardiac trauma. Heart attack, stroke, failure of the heart, and severe heart injury are some of the cases of cardiac trauma.
- Orthopedic Trauma
Orthopedic trauma, as the name suggests, refers to injuries involving the bones and muscles of the body. Road accidents, serious falls, and sports injuries are some of the reasons that can cause orthopedic trauma to a person.
- Vascular Trauma
The term vascular trauma refers to a condition in which a blood vessel in the body has been injured by accident or some other cause. Intestinal ischemic syndrome, Raynaud’s Phenomenon, and chronic venous insufficiency are some of the diseases that come under vascular trauma.
- Neuro Trauma
Neurotrauma occurs when the brain and spine of the body are affected. Brain injury, brain hemorrhage, peripheral neuro injury, and spine injury are some of the diseases that come under neurotrauma.
- General Trauma
A general trauma can affect any part of the body. General trauma to a person is caused by road accidents, fires, natural disasters, and many other factors.
Common Symptoms of Trauma
Traumatic symptoms can manifest them in various ways. The symptoms of trauma depend on many emotional and physical factors. Following are some of the symptoms of trauma:
- Change in appetite.
- Racing heart.
- Sleep disorder.
- Gastrointestinal problems.
Therapies & Remedies of trauma
Multiple kinds of therapies are administered to trauma patients. Following are the therapies that are offered :
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy- is a method of psychological treatment that is effective in treating a number of problems, including depression, anxiety disorders, problems with alcohol or drugs, marital difficulties, eating disorders, and severe mental illnesses.
- Safe and sound protocol- SSP aims to access and initiate a physiological state conducive to well-being, positive interactions with others, and growth in learning and therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing-It are done to treat post-traumatic stress disorder. Military combat, physical assault, rape, and car accidents may result in post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Somatic therapies are provided to individuals who are having a difficult time controlling the tension and discomfort of their muscles.
- Prolonged exposure therapy- An individual in prolonged exposure therapy gradually approaches traumatic memories, situations, and feelings to overcome the trauma.
How can DMICC help you with trauma?
- Our healthcare professionals provide 24×7 healthcare facilities to ensure that the right treatment to the patient can be delivered at the right time.
- Best intensive care services – DMICC hospital has a dedicated team of experienced doctors, and nurses that are working in Trauma care. All the staff of the hospital aims to deliver the best trauma care to the patients
- Advanced and latest technologies – In the intensive care units at DMICC hospital, the latest & most advanced technological equipment is available for the most effective treatment of chronic & severe illnesses.
- At DMICC hospital, we provide affordable and cost-effective treatment for all types of trauma.
- At DMICC hospital you will get all the radiological and medical room services with all critical healthcare facilities.
- Dedicated Team of experts- DMICC hospital has a team of esteemed and experienced doctors like cardiologists, neurologists, orthopaedic doctors, surgeons, physiotherapists, and nurses so that we ensure the best healthcare services to our patients in all critical conditions.
- Dedicated Critical ICU departments- DMICC hospital has dedicated departments for different critical situations that include –Trauma, paediatrics, Cardiac, Neonatal, Medical, Surgical, etc.
- Ambulance services- DMICC hospital is equipped with the latest and modern state-of-the-art ICU ambulance services onboarding a general doctor. So that they can take immediate action in critical situations and provide onsite ICU services.
- Nursing Services- DMICC hospital provides 1:1 nursing services to our serious trauma patients in dedicated ICUs.
All types of trauma generate a strong emotional reaction that impacts a person’s ability to cope. If you, your relative, and someone you know are suffering from any kind of trauma then you should consult a trauma care department at DMICC hospital, contact us now.