What is Neonatology?
The study of neonatology focuses upon the health of newborns and factors that can impact their growth and survival. A newborn baby can suffer from many complications that require immediate and effective newborn care. A neonatologist is a doctor who specializes in newborn care. If you are looking for NICU services/treatment for your baby, Then DMICC Hospital is the place which you must consider. It is a dedicated baby care hospital in Jaipur for critical care needs. That’s why considered as the best NICU hospital in Jaipur.
What is Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
NICU stands for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. It is basically a specialized critical care unit where newborn or premature babies are treated. The neonatal intensive care units are dedicated to providing intensive medical care to newborns or premature ones. NICUs are equipped with advanced technology and have a team of highly-trained doctors, nurses, dietitians, nutritionists, etc. Who handles the complexities of procedures and treatment. The NICU is designed to help not only sick babies but also those requiring specialized nursing care.
PICU v/s Neonatal Intensive care unit (NICU)
Here is the basic difference between the PICU and NICU department of any hospital
- The PICU stands for Pediatric Intensive Care Unit whereas, the NICU of any hospital stands for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- In the PICU, the doctor who treats patients are called Pediatric critical care specialists but the doctor who delivers treatment in the NICU is called Neonatologist.
- The children up to age 17 are treated in PICU but the newborn infants are treated in NICU.
- In PICU, the Pediatric critical care specialists deliver treatment after various tests but in NICU, neonatologists deliver level-wise treatment to infants.
Conditions that require NICU treatment
Here are some conditions or diseases that are treated in the NICU department of DMICC hospital
- Premature birth
- Neonatal jaundice (hyperbilirubinemia)
- Neonatal bowel obstruction
- The extremely low weight of the baby
- Infant respiratory distress syndrome
- Benign neonatal seizures
- Neonatal sepsis
- Perinatal asphyxia
- Neonatal hepatitis
- Neonatal hypoglycemia
Facilities available at NICU Department
Following are the facilities available at Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) department at DMICC hospital.
- ECMO (Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation)
The ECMO technique provides support for babies with severe lung or heart conditions. ECMO gives oxygenated blood to a baby whose heart or lungs aren’t able to work on their own. This helps the heart, and lungs of the baby to recover and get stronger.
- Neonatal ICUs
At DMICC hospital we have the best neonatal ICUs with the latest technology. All the facilities of the ventilator, IVs, etc are there in the hospital.
- Advanced neonatal therapy
Babies admitted to the NICU often need help with basic tasks like feeding and other tasks. At DMICC hospital, we offer advanced neonatal therapies such as physical therapy, respiratory therapy, and many more.
- Neonatal transport services
The neonatal transport specialists at DMICC hospital provide transport facilities to infants, who are from underserved areas, and need higher levels of intensive care.
- Nutritional and dietary support for newborns
A baby in the neonatal intensive care unit has special dietary needs. Therefore, our dietitians and nutritionists are specially trained to care for newborns, so your baby can grow up healthy.
Why Choose DMICC for NICU?
Here are few reasons that make you choose the NICU department of DMICC for the critical care needs of your baby. Our Neonatology department at DMICC Hospital provides comprehensive newborn care to infants suffering from illnesses and conditions such as congenital defects, premature birth, and sepsis. At DMICC Hospital, we have an expert team of neonatologists. In addition to their extensive training and experience, the neonatologists at the DMICC Hospital also have access to modern medical facilities, including a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), which helps them to provide comprehensive care for infants which makes DMICC as the best NICU hospital in Jaipur.
- Treatment offered:- In the Neonatology Department of the DMICC Hospital, infants who have health care needs such as congenital defects, premature birth, or sepsis can receive specialist care.
- Team of experts:- the neonatologist and other doctors working at the NICU department of the hospital are well-qualified and experienced in their field.
- Advanced technology:- NICU department of DMICC hospital is well equipped with all the latest and advanced technologies to deliver the best baby care.
- 24 x 7 treatment:- our hospital run 24*7, thus providing the treatment the whole day and night as we care for your baby.
- Quick Ambulance Services:- Our ambulance is always at the door of the hospital so that it can reach your home timely.
- Best nursing staff:- The nursing staff of DMICC hospital is well trained and experienced.
- All facilities:- at DMICC hospital where you can find all the facilities under one roof.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can anyone visit a NICU?
Parents are permitted to visit NICU with their baby, but other non-parent family members can only visit during set hours.
- What are the reasons for babies being admitted to NICU?
When babies are born prematurely, have health problems, or have a difficult birth, they are admitted to the NICU.
- How long will my baby be admitted to NICU?
It totally depends on the disease or problem your baby is suffering from.