What is Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)?
The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) is a dedicated department in the hospital that serves critical healthcare facilities for children up to age 17. If the child is suffering from a critical or severe disease then he/she might require pediatric intensive care or can be admitted to Pediatric ICU. But don’t worry, We are here as the best pediatric ICU hospital in Jaipur.
Who is a Pediatric Intensivist?
A pediatric intensivist(also known as a pediatric specialist) is a specially trained healthcare professional who provides treatment to critically ill children upto age of 17 years.
They are different from general doctors. As they handle and serve the complex and sophisticated pediatric health care needs, Simultaneously adhering to world class treatment standards and procedural guidelines.
At DMICC hospital, we have a dedicated team of experienced pediatric intensivists who provide the best treatment to critically ill patients. Our pediatric intensivists can deliver one of the best treatment in all pediatric emergencies situations.
When does a child need PICU care?
A PICU is usually needed for postoperative care or for treating serious illnesses or injuries.Following are some of the reasons for which a child gets admitted to PICU ward.
- Congenital abnormalities.
- Respiratory diseases.
- Acute kidney and liver problems in children or infants.
- Severe infection in children or infants.
- Drug/Medication overdose.
- Autoimmune disorders in children or infants.
- Physical trauma.
- Food poisoning.
- If a child or infant has undergone Complex Surgery.
- Neurological Disorders.
What kind of treatments offered at Pediatric Intensive care unit ?
- Pediatric cardiology: – In pediatric cardiology, congenital and acquired heart disorders are diagnosed and managed for infants, children, and adolescents. A full range of cardiology services is offered at DMICC, including ambulatory, inpatient cardiac diagnostic, and consultative services.
- Pediatric Orthopedics: It is a specialized branch of orthopedics that is related to children’s.Dedicated care is needed to diagnose and treat such orthopedic conditions. Considering their unique bio-mechanics, pattern of growth and musculoskeletal system.A thorough assessment and detailed investigation of the pediatric orthopedic condition is fundamental to their treatment.
- Pediatric Neurology :- In pediatric neurology, all the diseases related to the brain and spine are treated. We deliver the efficient and perfect treatment to neuro problems of infants, children, and adolescents.
- Pediatric Oncology:– In pediatric oncology, children with critical blood disorders and cancer are treated.
- Pediatric Gastroenterology:– In pediatric gastroenterology, problems related to the digestive system, liver, or nutritional issues in infants, children, and adolescents are diagnosed and treated.
- Pediatric surgery:- Pediatric surgery is a subspecialty surgery for childrens,infants etc. It involves treatment for critical conditions emerging out of ,pediatric neurology, trauma, nephrology, urology, genetics, etc.
- Pediatric Nephrology- In pediatric nephrology, all the diseases related to kidneys are diagnosed, and treated.
- Pediatric Endocrinology:- Infants, children with endocrine-related diseases are treated by our expert pediatric endocrinologist.
At DMICC Hospital, we provide the most advanced treatment options for picu services to childrens of all age groups( Babies, children, and adolescents.
Our dedicated team of pediatric intensive care health professionals is well versed to provide world class treatment(as per International guidelines and protocols)ranging from pediatric cardiology,Orthopedics, Neurology, Oncology, Gastroenterology etc.
PICU Guidelines for the parents or visitors
Here are some of the PICU guidelines that must be followed by parents or visitors of the patients.
- Behave calmly with the PICU staff and doctors
- Please leave the PICU premises between 8:45 am – 10:00 am and 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
- Ask the staff, if you can bring toys or belongings of the patient.
- If the doctor asks you to leave PICU, wait outside of the PICU
- Only 1 person can stay with patients during non-visiting hours
- Don’t use cell phones in the PICU
- Follow all the guidelines given by the doctor
- Give your support to the patient.
- Use hand sanitizers to take care of hygiene.
Why Choose DMICC as best Pediatric ICU Hospital in Jaipur
If you are looking for the picu services for you child, then your search ends here as DMICC hospital is the best pediatric ICU hospital in Jaipur, Rajasthan.The PICU at DMICC hospital is equipped with the latest and advanced technologies like Ventilator support, CPAP Machine, Nasal Cannula, Hood, etc. DMICC is well known for its pediatric emergency care and children’s critical needs.
Here are some reasons for which one should choose DMICC
Dedicated PICU department
- With the advance and latest technologies in the PICU department, we tend to serve the best pediatric intensive care
- We at DMICC hospital deliver 24×7 healthcare services to the patients.
- Highly trained doctors and nurses that are always ready for the pediatric emergencies
- We have high-frequency ventilators in our PICU department.
- Round the clock ambulance services are offered
- 1:1 nursing services delivered to patients.
- DMICC has pediatric radiologists, pediatric anesthesiologists, and pediatric orthopedic surgeons, who specialize exclusively in the care of children.